Provides individual, family, couple, and group counseling in an outpatient setting, treating pre-adolescents, adolescents, and adults. Conducts assessments and evaluations for a broad range of mental health and substance abuse concerns, both in the practice and as a consultant for the Courts and employers. Specialties include brief therapy, domestic violence, and working with survivors of sexual and other abuse, and childhood trauma. Skilled in treating depression, anxiety, ACOA and codependent behavior, and issues relating to gender, adolescence, relationships, life transitions, and parenting.
For Individuals, Couples, Families, Groups
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- Life transitions such as midlife, separation and divorce, death, career change
- Anxiety, depression, stress
- Developing coping skills and tools for personal growth
- Adolescents with adjustment and development issues
- Couples seeking direction with relationship struggles, gender differences, and communication
- Men’s issues including role expectations, identification and expression of feelings, and the development of fulfilling relationships
- Sexual and other abuse and trauma
- ACOA and codependency
- Cognitive Behavioral
- Holistic / Wellness Approach
- Coaching techniques and skills
- Excellent skills in providing initial assessment and referral, diagnostic formulation, and crisis intervention.
- Conducts assessments and evaluations for a broad range of mental health and substance abuse concerns, both in the practice and as a consultant for Courts and employers. Available to complete chemical dependency evaluations under the DOT / SAP guidelines.
- Provides effective Court testimony, speaking engagements, workshops and training in the community or commercial setting.
- Approved to provide supervision for LPC candidates.
- Provides supervision for graduate and undergraduate Psychology and Social Work students.
Participating provider with most major insurance plans, EAP or managed care / PPO networks, and Medicaid plans. Insurance filed.
For more information, please contact Judith Weaver, BIP Director at 540.433.1291 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org